1) I am so excited to share with you that Lily Jane's bedding came in :) I was so excited right away I had to wash the sheet and put it on her crib ASAP.. Here are some quick photos of it. More photos of the nursery to come as soon as it is done
2. This past weekend we went to a friends wedding in Orlando and we had a great time. Jeff took off Friday and I had a teacher planning day that I took off. We got to wake up whenever we wanted and take our time getting down there and shop and spend time with each other.. Car rides are getting hard because I am getting very uncomfortable ;( and long nights...
3.We are taking maternity pictures on Sunday and I am so excited. I hope they turn out good. Its starting to get cold so I have to rethink my outfits. Here are some ideas I like...
4. I have always had a sweet tooth but during my pregnancy I have craved sweets all the time.. I came across these and I can't wait to make them so I wanted to share :)
Crazy Gooey Cookie Bars
- 1½ cups of brown sugar
- 120 gms of butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1 cup of self raising flour
- 1 cup of mini marshmellows
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- ½ cup of candy covered baking bits.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius (approx. 350 F) and grease and line a 20x30cm baking dish or tray.
- Cream butter and sugar with electric beaters, add vanilla, then add the eggs one at a time, mixing well.
- Add the flour and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Set aside a handful of chocolate chips and baking bits to sprinkle on the top, add the rest to the mix along with the marshmallows and stir through.
- Press the sticky mixture into the baking dish, spreading it out as best you can. Sprinkle the left over chocolate chips and baking bits over the top and press them in lightly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until it browns around the edges. Do not over cook! The middle will still be soft and gooey when you take it out. Let it sit in the warm dish to finish cooking.
- Wait until it is completely cold before slicing into ooey gooey pieces
5. I just want to vent for a few minutes. I was watching the news and can't believe what this world is coming to. A poor young teacher was murder by a 14 year old student with a box cutter. I was very sad by this. As a teacher it is so hard to know all your students in and out and to think that any of them would do this to a teacher makes me very sad. I will be thinking about the teachers parents and family.