Miss. Lily Jane's Delivery Post!

Wow... I feel so bad I have neglected my blog for over 2 weeks, but i have earned the best job in these past 2 months and that is becoming a mommy :) I have so much respect for all the mommies out there. This is a tough job, that no one ever prepares you for.... So here is Miss. Lily Jane's Birth Story !!

It all started Nov 22, when I really was not feeling her move at all. I called my doctor and they got me in to do an ultrasound and it took them a long time to get her to move. They said she was really low too. I did not think much of it it.
On Nov 23, I went to a friends baby shower and ran errands to get Christmas presents for everyone, because I wanted X-Mas shopping to be done. Then I came home and we went to visit a friend. I was not feeling well all day just achy and thought ok I will go home and take a nap. I have been craving chicken wings (which I never eat) so we went and got that for dinner. I went to bed early that night because I was so tired. I woke up in the middle of the night with bad back pain (which I have had back pain through out) and was having cramps. I also, was going to the bathroom a lot. I saw some blood in my underwear and a little mucus. I was unsure so I went back to bed. I woke my husband up and told him I did not feel good. I got my What to Expect When Expecting book out to look to see what was going on because I was still 3 weeks out. I then told my husband I think we need to go in to the hospital tonight just to be safe. I went ahead and took a shower and told my husband to get up. He had not packed his bag yet so he ran around throwing stuff in. When then took all the stuff and put in the car. We went to the hospital. They came in and checked me and I was 2cm and they thought my water broke. She then ran some test to see if my water did break. They came back and told me my water had broke, and I started to cry. I looked at my husband and we were just very overwhelmed because we were not expecting her to come early. We were having a baby!!!! They admitted us at 3:30 am and I had to call my mom and my dad as they both live out of town... We were in our room and I wanted to walk the halls to get everything going. They came in at like 10 and I was 4 cm, and started to get in a lot of pain. I asked for an epidural and they came and put it in and I then fell asleep for 3 hours when I woke up I was not making progress. They gave me poticin to get my contractions going. It took about an hour or so and I was at 9 cm :) Then i had to push for about an hour and a half and I met my sweet baby girl :) I have never been so in love, she was adorable and she was all ours :)
She was born Nov 24 at 6:25 5 lbs 14 oz.  Then she was jaundice and we had to take her to get blood every other day it was so sad and broke my heart. Finally a week later her jaundice went down and her weight went back up. I am starting to breastfeed and it has been one of the hardest things. She was under weight so I had to give formula and go back and forth and my milk did not come in so we are trying to do the best we can. No one ever tells you what it is going to be like. Every day I feel like it gets better and better.

Jeff and I waiting to meet our princess 

Welcome to the world Miss. Lily Jane 

On our way home :) 

4 generations!!! 

My first Thanksgiving 

Me and my LULU

Daddy reading to me 


  1. What a cutie!! Congrats!! You are in for the best sleepless time of your life ☺️

  2. Congrats!!! She is beautiful!


  3. She is beautiful! :) Nursing gets better! Don't feel bad about having to suppliment formula. I did it with Kennedy!